Invisalign and traditional braces are both methods that dentists use to treat misaligned teeth. While both ways can effectively straighten teeth, specific pros and cons make patients choose one over the other. When it comes to the effectiveness of treatment, both Invisalign and traditional braces are capable of achieving great results.
At Marshville Family Dentistry, we offer a convenient and more comfortable teeth straightening solution with our Invisalign aligners. Our dental team is expertly trained in Invisalign treatments in Marshville, NC, and this blog will explain the differences between both treatments and help you decide which is best for you.
Invisalign: What It Is and How It Works
What is Invisalign? Invisalign offers a comfortable and effective alternative to braces. It uses clear aligners to move teeth into their correct position gradually. Invisalign is suitable for patients of all ages, making it the perfect option for both teenagers and adults. With Invisalign, patients enjoy hassle-free dental treatment without the discomfort associated with traditional braces.
The aligner trays are made of a transparent plastic material that is comfortable and virtually invisible. The force generated by the aligners is less than that of traditional metal or ceramic braces, making Invisalign a less painful treatment option. The aligners apply levels of pressure to specific teeth that are based on your customized treatment plan.
How Is Invisalign Different from Braces?
Braces have been a staple for correcting teeth misalignment. However, the pressing question remains: “Is Invisalign better than braces?” Invisalign has emerged as a popular alternative to braces. Braces and Invisalign are designed to straighten teeth, but they operate differently. Let’s explore how Invisalign differs from braces and consider why someone might choose Invisalign instead.
- Method of treatment: Braces are essentially brackets attached to the teeth with wires threaded through them. The wires are adjusted to put pressure on the teeth, slowly shifting them into place. Invisalign, on the other hand, uses clear aligners that fit over the teeth. The aligners are custom-made for each individual and are swapped out as the teeth shift into place.
- Appearance: Braces are bulky and can significantly alter an individual’s appearance. On the other hand, Invisalign is nearly invisible, providing a more aesthetically pleasing option. Because many individuals are self-conscious about wearing braces, they prefer Invisalign, which is far more discreet.
- Oral hygiene: Braces make brushing and flossing difficult and may increase the risk of cavities or gum disease. Invisalign, however, can be removed, allowing individuals to clean their teeth as usual. This means that Invisalign is easier to live with, and individuals do not have to worry about food getting stuck in their braces.
The Top 3 Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign treatment offers several advantages over traditional braces that make it a popular choice for those looking to straighten their teeth.
Pro: Invisalign is Discrete
Invisalign aligners are made of a clear, smooth plastic that is nearly invisible to the naked eye, making them an attractive option for adults and teens who are reluctant to wear metal braces. Invisalign or braces are both options for teeth straightening, but many people prefer Invisalign as it offers greater convenience and is less noticeable compared to braces.
Pro: Invisalign Procedures Are Easy
Invisalign treatments involve using clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth to shift them in small increments until they reach their desired position. The process is easy, painless, and efficient, making it a popular choice for many individuals who want to straighten their teeth.
Pro: Invisalign Aligners Are Applicable to Most Orthodontic Cases
Invisalign aligners’ versatility and the benefits they offer make them a good option for most orthodontic cases. Even though the concept of these aligners is relatively new, they have shown that they are effective in treating most orthodontic cases, offering an alternative to traditional braces with wires and brackets. They also have a shorter treatment time in many cases.
Selecting Invisalign as the method to straighten your teeth is an important decision, but it is also essential to choose the right dentist to perform the work. Our dentist in Marshville, NC, Dr. Andrew Tran, offers efficient Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth and improve your smile.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Before you commit to Invisalign treatment, it’s important to understand whether or not it’s the right choice for you.
- The first thing to consider when determining if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign is the nature of your dental issue. Invisalign is best suited for mild to moderate cases of misalignment and overcrowding. If you have severe malocclusions or other complicated dental issues, you may be better off with other forms of dental treatment.
- Another important consideration is age. Invisalign is recommended for adults and teenagers, but it may not be appropriate for younger children. Children’s teeth and jaws are still developing, and they may not be ready for Invisalign until they’re in their teens.
- Finally, your budget may also be a factor in determining whether or not Invisalign is right for you. While Invisalign can be a highly effective treatment option, it can also be more expensive than traditional braces.
Invisalign Treatment in Marshville, NC
At Marshville Family Dentistry, we offer quality Invisalign treatment in Marshville, NC, to every patient who wishes to straighten their teeth. Our caring and knowledgeable team of professionals offers dental procedures that lead to good oral health and hence, good overall health. If you select us to perform your dental work, you will get the best Invisalign treatment available. Contact us today, and make us a part of your journey to getting the perfect smile.