Night Guard in Marshville, NC
Protect Your Teeth From Grinding and Clenching While You Sleep With Night Guards
Night guards are plastic devices that safeguard your teeth from clenching and grinding when you sleep. They are worn over the upper and lower teeth, to prevent them from coming together, and they cushion each tooth against wear and tear. Night guards can also help relieve obstructive sleep apnea and reduce snoring.
- Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw, neck, and shoulder.
- Pain around the ear when you eat, speak, or open your mouth wide.
- Trouble with opening your mouth wide.
- Clicking, popping, or any unpleasant sound in the jaw when you open or close your mouth.
- Jaws that lock or get stuck in the open-mouth position.
You may also experience other common symptoms, such as toothaches, upper shoulder pain, dizziness, ringing in the ears, and neck aches.
Dental night guards can sometimes be used as mouth guards to prevent injuries during sports. If you’re in need of a night guard to improve your sleep experience or protect your teeth, contact us at Marshville Family Dentistry.